One of only a very few known publications issued by the Carpi foundling hospital, a beneficent organization inaugurated in 1690 near Modena for the care and agrarian education of local bastardini. The short pamphlet comprises essentially the set of regulations governing the management of the orphanage's farmland, especially the landlord's responsibilities in the event of catastrophe loss of Carpi's valuable grapevines to storms, drought, or pests. Updated from regulations set forth in 1757 and published at Modena by Giuseppe Maria Incontri. A single copy institutional copy of our book located, at Biblioteca Norberto Bobbio, Torino.
Quarto, 190 x 145 mm. a6; 11 pp. Bound in contemporary yellow wraps. Illustrated with two woodcut vignettes. A good, unsophisticated copy.
Spinelli, A. G. Catalogo Sommario dell'Archivio Guàitoli per la Storia Carpense. Carpi: Rossi Giuseppe fu Dionigio, 1897, nos. 357 (1757 regulations) and 361 (our book).